When you become engaged, you are elated and walking on a cloud; however, even if you intend to be engaged for a long period of time before tying the knot, you should not rest too long before taking control of your wedding plans. Weddings can take on a life of their own and wedding plans can easily get out of control causing unnecessary stress for the bride and groom-to-be. Rather than waiting until you feel overwhelmed by your impending nuptials, take control of your wedding plans now and get organized.
1. Start now – Buy a calendar, datebook or wedding organizer right now and use it faithfully for all of your wedding plans. Set your wedding date as soon as possible so that you can begin to set a schedule for your wedding plans. Once you know your wedding date, you can schedule appointments and deadlines (dress fittings, picking out invitations, booking an event location, mailing invitations, etc.).
2. Work together – Share duties, discuss options and plans together and take time to focus on your wedding details. This will help avoid confusion between parties and avoid stress as the wedding date approaches.
3. Communicate – Good communication is also essential for staying organized, avoiding confusion and decreasing stress. Make sure that you have the name, address and contact information for each person associated with your wedding written in your organizer. It will make keeping everyone in the loop much easier. Consider sending monthly email “blasts” to those most closely involved in the wedding to update everyone and share details.
4. Contracts and professionals – Book your favorite caterer, band, florist and photographer as soon as possible to make sure that you get your first choice. However, also read the fine print of each contract so that there are no surprises on the day of your wedding. Make sure you understand the cancellation policy and the fees associated with making changes. Get everything in writing and cover every detail in the contract – no matter how small.
5. Do not forget the honeymoon – Do not forget to plan your honeymoon, including where you will spend your first night as husband and wife. Whether you are planning a ski vacation in the Swiss Alps or a sunny week at the finestGrand Cayman beach resort, make your reservations early.
If you do want to spend your honeymoon on a Florida beach or the best beach in the Caribbean, let Beach Suites Resort help you book your accommodations now.Google+