HoneymoonsIsland destinations are some of the most popular destinations for honeymooners in the world, and for plenty of good reasons that you likely already know of. The biggest reason for this is that the exotic nature of some of these places creates a romance all its own. Gloriously happy newlyweds who already have to do very little to inspire romance, will find that what isn’t already there will be when they arrive in their exotic paradise. And one of the most popular of these exotic paradises that are ideal for honeymooners in search of even more romance, is the Cayman Islands.
The Cayman Islands consist of multiple exotic paradises all within a very short distance from each other. The group of islands consists of three individual islands, which include Little Cayman, Cayman Brac, and the most popular island, Grand Cayman. Each of these islands has something unique to offer, to be sure, but there is no doubt that most honeymoon vacationers heading to the Cayman Islands head there in search of Grand Cayman.
Grand Cayman Island is not only the most popular of the Cayman Islands, but also the largest as well, which is good considering so many people want to visit there. The island extends 22 miles long, as well as 8 miles wide in the widest areas, so there is plenty there to explore. The population of the entire island alone is more than 50,000, with almost 30,000 residing in the largest city of George Town alone. This makes for a bustling island destination, but one that is worth every bit of the crowd.
Being that the island is so big it is not always that simple to get around to find out what romantic opportunities await, although you will surely find something that suits yours and your new spouse’s tastes. You will have even more luck turning your Grand Cayman honeymoon into a journey of epic romantic proportions if you plan ahead before you get there though. And this is easy to do because there are simply so many opportunities for romance throughout the entire island, some that are even not all that well-known. But with a handy insider’s guide to a great Grand Cayman Island honeymoon, all the romance in Grand Cayman can be explored.
Romantic Dining – The right restaurant can surely inspire romance for any couple, but the key thing is that it has to be the right restaurant. Some restaurants are designed specifically to offer a romantic atmosphere, while others simply do so without that being the specific intention of the owner. What it really comes down to is what makes you and your spouse feel romance in the air at any given moment, and there are enough restaurants on Grand Cayman Island that some of them are sure to bring out the romance in you and your loved one. There are a few in particular that you may want to add to your list of possibilities.
- Osetra Bay – One element of any dining experience that is sure to enhance the romance of the evening is the atmosphere, and that is one of the things that makes Osetra Bay so special. In this restaurant there is both indoor and outdoor seating available, both offering romantic atmospheres inspired by the ocean and the elegant lighting. And the food here is nothing if not romantic also. A wonderful option for honeymooners looking to share a romantic experience is the tasting menu. There are a number of options, so you can each choose different ones and share, like so many newlywed couples are so eager to do.
- The Brasserie – The Brasserie is another elegant dining option in Grand Cayman, this one a bit more laid back than Osestra Bay, but still a romantic option for sure. The atmosphere is much more simple and bright, to be sure, but the island feel to the décor is what gives it that romantic air. One of the great things about this particular restaurant is that it uses all kinds of local ingredients that are chosen for their freshness every day. The dishes are light and exotic and provide for an excellent opportunity for sharing. In fact, there are even specific menus designed for sharing, which means that the restaurant already knows what so many that visit Grand Cayman have on their mind, which is why it is the perfect place to begin a romantic evening.
- Casanova by the Sea – Some of the most romantic dining experiences are had in restaurants on the water, it is simply a fact, and Casanova by the Sea offers that kind of dining experience. There are a number of different dining options, including sitting right on the sand and watching the sunset while you eat, so anybody who visits this restaurant can find romantic opportunity. And to add to the romance is a harp player that will strum on the strings while you are dining. Of course the food is delicious too, but the atmosphere is the biggest reason for choosing this restaurant for your romantic dining experience.
- Beach Villas – Beach villas probably offer the most privacy out of any of the different types of accommodations in Grand Cayman. They usually have excellent views of the sea and come equipped with everything you need in order to not have to leave. Newlyweds looking to spend their entire honeymoon vacation alone and away from crowds can cook their own romantic meals right in their villa and spend a romantic evening in every night that they are there. While beach villas tend to be a little more expensive than typical hotel rooms, they are well worth the money.
- Cottages – Cottages are another option if you are looking for a little more seclusion. The difference between beach villas and cottages is that they may not be located by the sea, but many of them are set within the exotic trees that surround the beach. This type of accommodation offers a unique experience, and a lot of time to be alone. Many cottages also include everything you need, such as kitchens in which you can prepare your own romantic meals. There is also usually a place set up for dining outdoors as well, which makes for a romantic dinner atmosphere. Cottages are also generally a bit pricier than hotel rooms, but after staying in one you will be glad you spent the extra money.
- Condos – Another alternative to the typical hotel room is staying in a condo. While there will be much less privacy in a condo, there are a number of amenities that you do not get in most hotel rooms. Most condos in Grand Cayman are basically set up like apartments, with everything you need to lock yourselves in together for a week or a weekend. What they have that most apartments do not, though, is an amazing view of the Caribbean Sea. In fact, condos offer some of the best views out of all of your accommodation options, and many have balconies from which to enjoy this view. You can spend many romantic evenings watching the sun set from your balcony, and those moments will be worth any amount of money.